I’ve been teaching privately and at the college level for over 15 years. I love what I do, and believe there’s nothing more gratifying than collaborating with a singer to create more technical and artistic freedom.
I addition to maintaining an active private studio, I have taught at the following colleges and programs:
- Marymount Manhattan College (Fall, 2007 - present)
- Wagner College Summer Musical Theatre Institute (Summer, 2011 - present)
- Northeastern University (1999-2000)
- Suffolk University (Spring, 2000)
My Philosophy on Singing
My job is to help singers more organically express themselves. I enable my clients do this by balancing technical and dramatic approaches to a song. Having a solid technique is very important, but if you’re not telling a story when you sing, no one will be moved. The same is true of those who are great actors but don’t have the technique to support their storytelling. I make small adjustments to a singer’s breath, placement and resonance while also talking about phrasing and the song’s emotional journey. The combination of these things helps the singer find their own healthy and unique approach to a song.
- Experienced pianist, coach and musical director
- Teaching a healthy belt mix
- Strong knowledge of contemporary musical theatre repertoire, including pop/indie works
- Audition book prep
To inquire about my rates, call (347) 451-5861 or e-mail me.